Spring break is HERE! It is OPENING week here at your local wildlife park, and the weather looks GREAT! Due to those three things, we anticipate a spike in attendance. While this is an extremely exciting time, we also want our guests to keep in mind that this means longer lines and more crowds at the Park.
Tanganyika Wildlife Park Spring Break Tips
We’ve compiled some quick tips for you to make the most out of your spring break visit to our Kansas zoo!
1. Buy your tickets in advance: By making your reservations online in advance, you are skipping many steps and streamlining the admission process. Save yourself some time and energy. Pick your pass, select your date and time and you’re good to go! Click here to buy tickets now.
2. Come prepared for potentially longer wait times: Our seasonal team has been practicing and gearing up for the season, but with a big volume of guests all at once, we may just need a little extra time to process feedings, admissions, purchases, and food sales. For some of our staff, this is their first job! We appreciate your patience and encouragement!
3. Beat the crowds: Visiting in the afternoon, during the week and on cooler days may mean shorter lines and less crowds.
4. Enhance your visit: While you’re here, consider adding on one of our incredible animal experiences, visiting the gift shop for spectacular souvenirs, or trying something yummy from our newly renovated Luna’s Canteen. Don’t forget to check out our new lorikeet bird walk interaction and to stop by and meet baby Pygmy Hippo, Link!
5. Check the weather: So far, the forecast looks great. However, we all know that things can change quickly in Kansas. Since most feedings and exhibits are outdoors, you may consider bringing layers to add or remove throughout the day. The other reason it is important to take a peek at the hourly weather before visiting is because many of our animals come from warmer climates so if the “feels like” temperature is below 50 degrees, some of the animals won’t be out in their exhibits.
6. Be ready for a fun adventure: This is the most important tip! Whether you come with family or friends, a group, or by yourself – be ready for a fun time full of animal connection.
We truly appreciate your patience as we kick-off the 2022 season! We can’t wait to see you!